Saturday, April 7, 2012

National Poetry Month: Mose Hardin

Obedience
(Mose Hardin)

You asked me to be still
I am
You asked me to be silent
I am
You asked to abstain
I am
You asked me to love someone who is a challenge to love
I am
You asked me to go home
I did
You asked me give
I have
You asked me forgive
I did
You asked me to have faith
I do
You asked me to surrender
I have
You asked me to have patience
I am still working on that………


MOSE HARDIN performs tonight in Atlanta at the Poets Falling in Love With Poetry event at Bound to Be Read Books in East Atlanta. Hardin was born and raised in Dayton, Ohio, but has spent the last 22 years in Atlanta. He attended the Art Institute of Atlanta and created his own independent online marketing company, Xavier Entertainment, after working for A&M Records and BMG Distribution. He lost his partner of two years and decided to write his journey to recovery in his debut poetry book Namaste Mose. His second and third poetry books, Love Infinity volume 1 & volume 2 soon followed. His most recent collection is The Love Experience.

No comments: